Friday, April 4, 2008

The Dressing Room Saga

It's comforting to commiserate, here's a special comment from Lori on the joys of new motherhood:

I couldn't agree more with the horror of the dressing room and the every angle view of myself, pasty winter white, glowing in the lights. Ugh! Add to that a 5 month postpartum belly dangling as I bend over to pull my sweatpants back on, sweating, crying baby, and then leave the dressing room red-faced, dishevelled, and pissed. Very uplifting. For the first time in my life I thought-will I have to wear a skirted bathing suit?? Because I'm sure not going to wear the bikini I bought on my honeymoon in Italy! I have to say, the one time in all my life I loved shopping was when I was pregnant. When something didn't fit, it was exciting-my baby is growing! Not, your flabby fat ass is growing. After I gave birth, about a month, I never felt so THIN! I thought my god! this is fantastic, the weight just fell off......until I tried on a pair of prepregnancy jeans. I couldn't even get them up over my hips, let alone try to button them. Astounding. So, here I see, five months after birth, nothing to wear, bathing suit season around the corner-AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.


I just have one question: How long can I legitimately say my extra weight is post pregnancy? Is there a statute of limitations on this claim? Anybody? Is six years over the limit?

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online