Thursday, October 18, 2007

Addressing Change

On 17 October, 2007
Anonymous said...
I just posted previously. My husband just asked for a separation out of the blue. I am devastated and have 2 young children. How were you able to survive the moves and the separation?

Dear Anonymous,
Thank you for your comments. I plan on posting much more so keep checking in.
To your question; The separation/divorce was undoubtedly the hardest thing I ever went through. The most simple and truest response I can give you is to take one day and one moment at a time. Don't get overwhelmed and try to figure it all out today, things will unfold at a pace that you can handle. Remember to take care of yourself, in what ever way you know how, that is the key to being the best parent throughout any ordeal. What I realized about my children was that as long as they knew that I was OK then they could feel safe and OK too. I once bought a book about Divorce that was entitled "Why Did You Have to Get a Divorce? And When Can I Get a Hamster?" Although the book wasn't that helpful, the title really spoke to a reality about small children and how their worlds can be less complicated if we take care of the grownup stuff ourselves and let them be children.
I hope that helps, please keep writing and I will do the same.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks! This helps.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online